We are happy to have launched, in September 2021, the TotalEnergies Women’s Initiative for Communication and Exchange (TWICE) to promote the culture of women’s empowerment and gender diversity among our employees.
TWICE: The Latest News
Celebrating Women’s Month-March 2022
On 8 March, we celebrated the International Women’s Day while March is also an annual time to celebrate women’s contribution to history and society. In line with TWICE, we have organized special initiatives during March to foster the culture of women’s empowerment and gender diversity among our employees and the society.
Discover March through TWICE:
We strongly believe that through diversity and together – all men & women – we can be stronger and achieve better performance. Let us be #StrongerTogether!
A cordial talk about women’s participation in politics-January 2022
Part of TotalEnergies Women’s Initiative for Communication and Exchange (TWICE), we have hosted, on 20 January 2022, a talk about women’s participation in politics in Lebanon with Ms. Joelle Abou Farhat, co-founder, and President of Fiftyfiftylb NGO. The talk was a moment of nourishment and learning:
- Did you know? In 1953, Lebanon was the first country in the region to grant the right for women to vote and run-in elections;
- In Lebanon, in 2018, 4.69% in the Parliament are women;
- Women’s participation in politics is gaining awareness in Lebanon: in 2018, women running for elections increased to 14.4% compared to 1.7% in 2009;
- More than 128 countries worldwide adopted women’s quota, paving the way to better gender diversity in politics;
- The representation of women in Parliament has a huge impact on what issues are raised and how policies are shaped: countries led by women were more successful than others in treating the Covid-19 pandemic, such as Taiwan, Iceland, New Zealand, and Germany;
- In Britain, women parliamentarians have informally worked together across party lines on issues such as employment law, equal pay, & violence against women.
Inspirational talk about gender diversity at the workplace-October 2021
Under this initiative, we held, on 26 October 2021, an inspirational talk with Ms. Abir Chebaro, gender consultant and member of the Board of Directors of the Lebanese League for Women in Business (LLWB), about the following topics:
- The importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- Ways to achieve women’s empowerment;
- Being a source to create a change.
More activities will be organized during the upcoming months to foster the values of gender diversity and women’s empowerment at our affiliate and in our society.